What: FIVE $2,000 Scholarships towards tuition at the school of your choice for the upcoming 2015 Fall Semester (or Fall 2016 for current high school juniors). Applicants will create a compelling 30-60 second video based on the guidelines below after reading the book Ingredients of Young Outliers. ONE entrant will be awarded the Audience Favorite and FOUR for Creativity Category. Scholarship entry is due 1/5/15.
Who Qualifies: Outliers Publishing invites current high school juniors and seniors, as well as college freshmen through juniors (who plan to enroll for another semester) to participate in the #betheoutlier Scholarship Contest.
How to Win: There are TWO categories your video can qualify for: the Audience Favorite, and the Creativity Category. Audience Favorite will be the first to be awarded, and will be determined by which which applicant receives the most “likes” on their video which will be posted on the Outlier Series Facebook Page Scholarship tab (or visit http://woobox.com/8mj9oo). The remaining FOUR winning videos, will be determined by a panel of Outlier Series judges for the Creativity Category.
To apply, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS CLOSELY TO ENSURE YOUR VIDEO AND ENTRY QUALIFIES:
- Read Ingredients of Young Outliers: Achieving Your Most Amazing Future OR Ingredients of Outliers: A Recipe for Personal Achievement.
- Create a unique 30-60 second film which focuses on ONE of three concepts:
- How the book inspired you to become an outlier.
- What you learned from the book.
- Someone you know who inspired you to become an outlier as defined in the book. (See waiver for video restrictions).
- Upload your film on YouTube using a unique title followed by the subtitle: “#betheoutlier.” For example, “A story of perseverance: #betheoutlier.” The video must be set to public for the panel of judges to review.
- Complete the entry form on ingredientsofoutliers.com/scholarship/entry by 1/5/13 at 11:59 PM CST.
- Complete and send waiver/release form located at the bottom of entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copy your YouTube video link to the Outlier Series Facebook Scholarship tab entry form (go to facebook.com/readingredientsofoutliers and click on the “Scholarship” tab). Steps 1-5 must be completed no later than JANUARY 5, 2015 at MIDNIGHT CST.
- When you complete this step, use the Video Director Name provided on the entry form from Step 4.
- You will be given the option to ask your Facebook friends to vote for you, complete that portion and be sure to include #BETHEOUTLIER so your video is included for voters to see. Re-post daily in order to win more votes for the Audience Favorite Category as outlined below.
- Audience Favorite: You may share your video as part of Step 5 and receive votes as soon as you upload, to qualify for the Audience Favorite. This means that the sooner you post your video before JANUARY 5, 2015 , the more time you have to collect votes!
- To promote your video and receive more votes, share the Outlier Series Facebook page link to the contest as part of Step 5, and afterwards as many times as you would like by asking friends to vote on the Outlier Series Facebook page (facebook.com/readingredientsofoutliers) Scholarship tab.
- NOTE: “likes” on your own personal wall/status update will not count towards voting. Only votes on your video from the Outlier Series Facebook page will count towards the Audience Favorite category winning videos.
- Friends and family can also share the link to help increase votes.
- Voting for the Audience Favorite will end on JANUARY 14, 2015 at MIDNIGHT CST.
- Creativity Category: The remaining FOUR scholarships will be awarded to the winners of the Creativity Category. If your video did not win the Audience Favorite category, you will automatically be entered into the Creativity Category. The Outlier Series judging panel will select FOUR videos for the Creativity Category, based on adherence to the #betheoutlier Scholarship Contest guidelines listed on this page.
- The winner for the Audience Favorite Category will be notified no later than JANUARY 20, 2015 at MIDNIGHT CST. In order to accept the #betheoutlier Scholarship, an e-mail response accepting the scholarship along with the original video in .MOV, .MPEG4, or AVI should be sent to email@example.com no later than JANUARY 25, 2015 at MIDNIGHT CST.
- Creativity Category winners will be notified no later than JANUARY 25, 2015 at MIDNIGHT CST. In order to accept the #betheoutlier Scholarship, an e-mail response accepting the scholarship along with the original video in .MOV, .MPEG4, or AVI should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than JANUARY 30, 2015 at MIDNIGHT CST.
Questions? For questions, write to us at: email@example.com. Check the website and www.facebook.com/readingredientsofoutliers every couple of weeks to keep up to date.
*Remember, all winners must notify Outliers Publishing (firstname.lastname@example.org) ONE month prior to tuition deadlines (student is responsible for researching this information) with their choice of school. Winners who do not provide the college to which they will be attending will be unable to receive the scholarship.