Known as No Shave November these days, it’s also the month we start hearing Christmas music and drink out of red Starbucks cups, give thanks, eat too much turkey, and go shopping at midnight (but not at REI this year). However, there are a couple more events to celebrate this month. Check out these great November causes and take some time these next couple of weeks to honor veterans, educators, entrepreneurs, and small businesses. Be kind to others, volunteer, and give thanks to the outliers in your life.
Celebrate the month:
- Veteran’s Day – Nov. 11, a day to honor those who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces. John Shufeldt has previously posted about Veteran’s Day here.
- World’s Kindness Day – Nov. 13, a global 24-hour celebration dedicated to paying-it-forward and focusing on the good.
- National Philanthropy Day – Nov. 15, a celebrate of giving, volunteering and charitable engagement that highlights the accomplishments that philanthropy makes to our society and our world.
- American Education Week – Nov. 16-20, a day to celebrate public education and honor individuals who are making a difference in ensuring that every child receives a quality education.
- Global Entrepreneurship Week – Nov. 16-22, The world’s largest celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch startups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare.
- Small Business Saturday – Nov. 28, celebrate the Shop Small movement to drive shoppers to local merchants across the U.S.