Teachers play a key role in student success and sometimes a simple “thank you” is all a teacher needs to feel valued. National Teacher Appreciation Week is May 2-6. In honor of teachers everywhere, show your teacher some appreciation!
Show teachers how much they mean to us and to education. Their hard work and dedication to students helps shape future leaders, game-changers, and young outliers. Take the time to celebrate and honor teachers in your community and across the country. You don’t have to be a student to show your appreciation. Is there that one teacher that you will always remember – an educator whose lessons and role made an impact on your life? Then show them your gratitude.
The National Parent Teacher Association, PTA, founded National Teacher Appreciation week in 1984 and designated the first week in May as a time to honor the people who use their passion and skill to educate children. PTA is a non-profit association dedicated to “bettering the lives of every child in education health and safety,” according to the PTA website. The organization, founded in 1897, is a strong advocate for public education.
Need more inspiration and stories from some amazing teachers? Read Outliers in Education. This book is more than just a guide for future teachers, it is a compilation of words of wisdom from teachers that have shaped and molded generations.
Stay tuned this week for more information and ideas on how to show appreciation for the teachers in your life. Start Teach Appreciation Week off strong with some fun and creative posts thanking the teachers in your life or your child’s life. And don’t forget to use the hashtag, #ThankATeacher.
Teacher Appreciation Week Deals
Teachers, we are celebrating you by giving you a heads up on all the Teacher Appreciation Week deals up for grabs! There are several types of discounts for you throughout the week that we hope you can take advantage of! Make sure you bring your school ID to qualify for your deals. You will also want to verify these deals of interest at the location nearest you prior to your visit.
Teacher Deals During Teacher Appreciation Week:
- May 2 – 6: Outliers Publishing – that’s right, WE are hosting a freebie this week. Win a free paperback copy of the new student teacher/ education major book, Outliers in Education. Visit here for details: http://www.ingredientsofoutliers.com/teacher-giveaway
- May 2 – 6: Organ Stop Pizza: Get a gift card for a free pizza from 5 pm to 9 pm.
- May 2: Papa Murphy’s: Take 50% off a pizza.
- May 3: Chipotle: Get a buy one get one burritos, bowls, salads, or order of tacos between 3 pm and close.
- May 3: McDonald’s: Get a free medium McCafe Beverage with the mobile app. Not all McDonald’s are participating and some have different deals. It is best to call and find out what your local McDonald’s is doing.
- May 3: New York & Company: Until May 3rd, teachers and nurses get 30% off in store purchases and 30% off $50 their online store.
- May 3: World of Beer: Take off $5 off your check. Some locations will offer a free beer instead of the $5 off.
- Varies: Chick-fil-A: Offers vary by location, it is best to call one near you.
Wondering if there are any teacher deals that extend past next week? We have you covered for that too!
- Adobe Education: Offers vary on Adobe Student and Teacher Edition products.
- Aerosoles: Save 15% off footwear that is $39.99 and above.
- Apple: Savings for teachers and students change throughout the year, but right now you can save up to $200 on a new Mac computer.
- Banana Republic: Get 15% off in-store purchases.
- Barns & Noble: There is an program special for teachers where you can save 20% off the publisher’s list price on purchases that are for your classroom. This pumps up to 25% off during Educator Appreciation Days.
- FedEx: Get 15% off on most products nationwide.
- Crew: Get 15% off in-store purchases.
- JoAnn’s Fabric: Like Barns & Nobel, they have 15% off every purchase when you sign up. In addition, a bonus coupon of 20% off one check-out when you re-enroll in their teacher program. Lastly, they will give you a free lesson planner.
- Lakeshore Learning: Joining their Teacher’s Club will get you 15% off on a lot of their in-store items.
- Michael’s Craft Store: 15% off your entire in-store purchase.
- Office Depot and Office Max: Join their teacher program and get 10% back on ink, toner and paper. They also have a free teacher calendar with ideas and coupons available.
- Pets in the Classroom: You may qualify for a free pet in your classroom. Send an email with your completed application and they will respond to you within 3-4 weeks for you to know if you qualify.
- Staples: Sign up for their teacher rewards program and earn 5% rewards on everything and 10% back in teaching and art supplies. You can also qualify for free shipping.
How will you kick off the week? Who is your favorite teacher and deserves some appreciation? Comment below and share with friends and teachers alike.